03 May 2013

In India: 23 April: Dean takes a hike

When we got back to the hotel, Norbert had dinner but I was restless, so I decided to go for a walk and find a shopping centre.  I had seen it on Google Maps.  Unfortunately, I don't have a data plan on my phone, since I'm outside of Canada, so I can't keep track of it while away from the WiFi of the hotel.

I went north, looped around, walked about 8 km.  Never did find that shopping centre :-)  I saw lots of little shops, and wandered through a "Metro" grocery store.

I got a lot of quizzical looks from the other folks on the street.  Even at 9:30, most of the shops were open, and the streets were full of people making their way home.

I stopped at a cell phone store and bought a new SD card for my camera - the existing one disintegrated when I tried to take it out, and my computer wouldn't read it - ick!  Well, the camera can read it, so now I just have to find a cable for my camera.

I stopped at a Subway restaurant to eat.  That was a different experience.  There are two sub sandwich preparation counters - and they are clearly labelled - "veg" and "non-veg".   You can have any meat you want, so long as it's chicken, ha ha.  There is no diet soda drink.   The sandwich was different - the chicken was cubed - but it was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment